MoCADA Call for Artist & Curatorial SubmissionsThursday, January 10th, 2013 Categories: Call for Submissions, Updates
Each year on August 15 and February 15, MoCADA reviews artist submissions and curatorial proposals for the upcoming year’s exhibition cycle. MoCADA is committed to giving emerging, mid-career and established artists and curators the opportunity to expand their portfolios and develop a relationship with the museum. Artist submissions and exhibition proposals will be considered for MoCADA’s main gallery in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, and for satellite locations throughout New York City. While submissions are accepted throughout the year, artists and curators should review the application requirements below and submit their materials before the next review date to be considered for the upcoming year.
Artists and curators should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the museum’s mission and past exhibitions before submitting. All applications must adhere to the outlined application requirements. Good luck and we look forward to hearing about your ideas!
Joint Submission Guidelines
MoCADA’s exhibition program seeks to facilitate a contemporary dialogue between the visual arts and political, cultural, social and historical issues relevant to the African Diaspora.
• Complete applications will be acknowledged by an email. Incomplete packages will not be reviewed.
• Artists and curators are encouraged to submit work and proposals that include all media, and approach themes aesthetically and/or conceptually.
• To be considered, proposals MUST be in accordance with MoCADA’s mission
• MoCADA STRONGLY prefers to accept applications electronically. Please fill out the form linked to below, and send the additional materials to . Should you need to make arrangements otherwise, please contact us two weeks prior to your submission.
• If MoCADA is interested in working with you to exhibit your work or further develop your proposal, you will be contacted by email.
Artist Submission Requirements
1. Artist Submission Form: Electronic Form
2. Resume or CV: Exhibitions, education and employment history.
No more than 3 pages.
Resume/CV should be labeled: lastname_firstname_resume.pdf/doc/docx
3. Artist Statement: Brief and concise, ideas about work and approach to process
No more than 1 page.
Statement should be labeled: lastname_firstname_statement.pdf/doc/docx
4. Images: 5 to 10 images of your work.
All images must be jpegs in a zipped file of no more than 10MB.
All images should be clearly labeled: lastname_firstname_imagenumber.jpeg
Zip file should be named: lastname_firstname_images.zip
5. Image Inventory List: List of images by number that includes artist name, name of work, medium, dimensions, and date.
Inventory list should be labeled: lastname_firstname_inventorylist.pdf/doc/docx
6. Email Resume/CV, Statement, Images and Image Inventory List to
Curatorial Submission Requirements
1. Curatorial Submission Form: Electronic Form
2. Resume or CV: Exhibitions, education, employment history and selected writing.
No more than 3 pages. Resume/CV should be labeled: lastname_firstname_resume.pdf/doc/docx
3. Curatorial Statement: Brief and concise, ideas about work and approach to curating.
No more than 1 page. Statement should be labeled: lastname_firstname_statement.pdf/doc/docx
4. Exhibition Proposal: Should include title, exhibition concept and main idea, artists, connection to mission.
No more than 2 pages. Proposal should be labeled: lastname_firstname_proposal.pdf/doc/docx
5. Images: 5 to 10 images, including considered works / works by artists from the Exhibition Proposal, and, if applicable, installation shots from previous curatorial projects.
10MB max per image. All images should be clearly labeled: lastname_firstname_imagenumber.jpeg
6. Image Inventory List: List of images by number that includes artist name, name of work, medium, dimensions, and date.
For installation shots, include the name of the exhibition, dates, and location. Inventory list should be labeled: lastname_firstname_inventorylist.pdf/doc/docx
7. Email Resume/CV, Statement, Proposal, Images and Image Inventory List to