Call for Visual Arts Projects for MaComère: Special Issue: Fall 2013 Contemporary Women ArtistsTuesday, February 5th, 2013 Categories: Call for Submissions, Updates
Given the multilingual and shifting locations of Caribbean women artists, this special issue of MaComère focuses on the work of women whose artistic practices engage with the multiple meanings of the Caribbean and its diaspora.
Through diverse written and visual contributions, this special issue seeks to begin a conversation about the ways in which Caribbean women artists, who define themselves as such, engage with and challenge the very notion of the “Caribbean” and introduce nuanced and intertextual concepts in relation to contemporary art practice(s).
We invite proposals for original Visual Arts Projects that will satisfy the following parameters:
- Be created by individual artists or as a collaborative project;
- Creatively explore independent visual objectives with consideration being given to the specificity of this publication;
- Be designed particularly for a printed publication that will be close bound with pages that are approximately 8 ½ ” x 10” in size;
- Fill 4 pages of the publication (2 pages back and front – one double spread);
- Be in black and white OR full colour.
Ideally, proposals will not reproduce / document already existing artworks. Rather, we invite original contributions that give careful consideration to the specificity of this particular Issue.
Please submit the following for consideration:
- A detailed proposal of 250-500 words outlining the visual arts project;
- 2 to 4 JPG image files of artwork that relates to the proposal;
- Sketches showing the layout of the proposed project on the 4 pages (sketches may be scanned and submitted as JPG files);
- A brief CV with exhibition history.
Submissions should be made to by April 1st, 2013.