Caribbean Export shares an Invitation to Participate in the Havana International Fair 2013Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 Categories: Call for Submissions, Updates
Caribbean Export Development Agency shares an invitation to participate in the Havana International Fair (FIHAV) 2013. Caribbean Export will be assisting CARIFORUM firms interested in exporting products to the Cuban market in participating in this premier trade fair in Cuba, and invites companies to submit applications no later than October 7 2013 at 4:30pm AST.
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), within the framework of the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) Regional Private Sector Development Programme (RPSDP) will be assisting CARIFORUM firms interested in exporting products to the Cuban market in participating in the premier trade fair in Cuba, the Havana International Fair (FIHAV) 2013.
FIHAV began in 1983 and the fair has, through the years, established itself as a significant exhibition with international reach and interest. In this, the 31st edition of the trade fair, FIHAV 2013 will provide more than 20, 000 m2 of exhibition space for approximately 4,500 exhibitors from more than 60 countries. The trade fair is also expected to host about 150,000 visitors. For more information on FIHAV 2013, please visit their website.
The trade fair is being organized and promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Investment of the Republic of Cuba, the Cuban Chamber of Commerce, the Convention Palace and EXPOCUBA. FIHAV is a multi-sector commercial fair with the main industry sectors covered being consumer goods, machinery, equipment, information technology, raw materials and services.
Caribbean Export’s intervention in FIHAV 2013 will focus on creating business opportunities between Cuba and CARIFORUM member states. Additional business linkages may be possible with other participating exhibitors/countries. At the same time, the Agency seeks to provide the necessary discussion platform to allow for the distillation of specific trade-related issues that affect Cuba-CARIFORUM trade. In this regard, Caribbean Export has partnered with the Cuban Chamber of Commerce to execute a Business-to-Business matchmaking session with selected companies.
Scope of Work
Caribbean Export will select businesses from the CARIFORUM Private Sector that have indicated an interest in participating in FIHAV 2013 and whose products are deemed suitable and ready for the Cuban market. Selected companies will be provided with exhibition space in a booth/stand within the Expo, where goods can be showcased and presented. Also, the beneficiary companies will be able to participate in Business to Business (B2B) Meetings that will be coordinated with Cuban firms. The objective of these meetings is to foster a business-conducive platform that leads to the realization of business opportunities. Participation in FIHAV 2013 is open for application from any CARIFORUM firm that is interested in participating.
Should you require additional information, please call 1-809-531-2259
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than October 7 2013 at 4:30pm AST.
Interested participants are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Form. These include:
- Letter stating why you think you are a strong and appropriate participant (please see selection criteria information below as a guide for the contents of this letter) (max. 600 words);
- A company profile (max. 200 words);
- A high resolution digital photo of the product (s) to be displayed in the booth;
- Completed Application form;
- Letter of commitment addressed to Caribbean Export stating your willingness to provide information on contracts for exports to the market which were signed as a direct result of your participation in the event
Criteria for Selection
- Be a Registered Company or Business Name in any of the CARIFORUM Member States
- Be in operation for at least two years
- Be able to demonstrate business growth and profitability
- Have sufficient financial and human resources to support follow up activities and secure and maintain export orders
- Comply with relevant international standards (if applicable)
- Demonstrate awareness about the Cuban market
Please note that for this event, Caribbean Export will only cover the costs related to the Exhibition Stand and B2B meetings.